Skip navigation.

1 2 1

IRAN: Mr Behi/Steve

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring Time


Well it's officially the springtime. On Saturday night the clocks moved forward one hour and by Monday morning this had barely registered in my body clock...Monday was a struggle. I can cope with a eight hours of jet lag no problem, but shift the clocks forward one hour and I'm yawning all week.
Although one week of spring lag is worth it for the extra day light and the chorus of the birds in the morning. A friend at work commented how it was strange that the birds knew to get up one hour earlier as well! I then explained that they didn't wear wrist watches and had probably been getting up when we'd all been sleeping for the last few months (since they returned from migration)!
I've just returned from the supermarket, on return from work I realized we were completely out of food and the cat was miaowing at it's empty bowl and beginning to chew on the grass outside. It got me wondering how the basics differ in Iran?
I spent £105 on food and supplies and I think that will last the three of around two weeks (we'll have to buy fresh stuff in that time aswell).
Here's a basic run down of costs:


- Two litres (4 pints in the UK!) = £1.10.
- Six apples is £1
- A loaf of bread is 75p
- A chicken is £2.99

The biggest rip off is theses fancy light bulbs we have in the kitchen £2 each!!!
Normal abouts are abou 20p.
I then got some petrol it's about 91p a litre, to fill up my car cost me £42! That about get me abot 350 miles of driving.
I'm guessing that's probably more expensive than Iran but then wages in the UK are probably higher to compensate? Engineers in the UK typically earn from £25000 to £40000 a year.

So that's some hum drum stuff for you.

Work has been as intense as ever this week. I'm doing some testing to back up my analysis work this week. We are running a test to validate a side airbag we are using. They are pretty tricky to get right as we use a fairly simple model which assumes uniform pressure within the bag. The reallity is the flow is more complex. Particulary with regard to the venting the bag has. The bag has vents to allow the pressure to be tuned over the duration of an impact. The test we are going to do will hopefully give some data to try and correlate the bag to, therefore making sure our model is as predictive as we can be.

We have a big report out next week as well which I have to prepare results from my team for. It's one of the last reports before we begin to get tools made to build the car, so we need to get everything right. So the pressure is right on.

Anyway enough for today, I can smell dinner is nearly ready and I'm absolutely famished!

Steve

posted by Steve @ 7:14 PM   

5 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Coming from america, it is shocking to see just how much more others around the world (europe for example) pay for gas (petrol).

Around here, 3 $ per Gallon seems expensive. In europe, it is so much more than that.

Bono is Brian Peppers!
Cant play Quake 3

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Too right Alex. That's why we all have small engined cars and lots of diesel's!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Online Degree said...

But America is heading that same direction... it won't be long before we are in the same type of situation.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Deborah Eley De Bono said...

You didn't say what dinner was. I'd be interested in what was a normal meal, not a celebration but an everyday affair.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Dinner was sausages, mash potatoe and vegetables! What did you have?
Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I Power Blogger